Wednesday, November 19, 2008

{workin' woman wednesday}

Next up is Connie Torossi, owner of Wishes and Dreams Travel Company!

I've know Connie since a month before "I" was born and a month after her youngest was born, through Y-neighbours. Sadly, I don't get to see her very often anymore since I stopped going, but we did meet up a few weeks ago for a photoshoot.

But, here, I'll let Connie tell you all about herself and her brand new business!


Name: Constance Torossi
AKA: Connie, Bonnie(apparently people with hearing problems), Constantinople (haven't been called that in years)
Hails from: Born in New Brunswick, Dad was in the Forces, lived in Germany and Shilo (for grades one through twelve) Brandon (for nursing school), Pine Falls, Dauphin, Dawson Creek, BC, New Westminister, BC, and finally made it to Winnipeg.
Name of your business: Wishes and Dreams Travel Company
When was your business born? I believe I'm still gestating! No, just kidding, September of this year I took the plunge!
Why did you start your business? What inspires you? I am a nurse that works in the emergency department. I have been nursing for 23 yrs! Boy it seems I should be older;) Nursing doesn't bring me the joy it used to. I love all things Disney. From our days of watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights to my first trip to Walt Disney World with my husband, I have had the Disney bug. Walt Disney World is a huge place, bigger than the island of Manhattan. If you don't go with a plan you will waste precious time you could be spending making the most of your vacation. I want to help people have the best time at the happiest place on earth. Alot of people told me I should start a Disney planning business because I am obsessed (their word, not mine) (Carol here: just have to interupt to say, VERY OBSESSED!!) with Disney. I am inspired by my 2 beautiful children and wonderful husband. They help me see what is really important in this life.

What does you business offer? I will book your Disney vacation just like any travel agent would. Just a little tip, if you book with me or directly with Disney, the price is the same. I will book any kind of Disney vacation, that includes Walt Disney World(R)
Disneyland(R)
Disney Cruise Line(R) or Adventures by Disney.
I will book all your accomadations and a car if you need. I will also continue to look for deals for you even after you've booked (sometimes Disney puts out special deals and they can sometimes be used on already booked packages if they are booked at Disney) For an additional consulting fee I will help you plan your time at the parks and give you tips to help make your time there more enjoyable. Let's face it , Disney can be the once in a lifetime trip for some people and I want you to have the best time while you're there. Disney has become so popular and more affordable over the past few years that it's so busy you can't just show up and say "what should we do today?" Well you could, but you wouldn't have as much fun.
Where do you see your business in the future? I want to be able to provide quality vacation experiences for everyone wanting to experience the Disney magic. I'm not quite sure where that will take me yet.
How do you balance work/family? Hmmm, good question, I don't think I do that so well just yet. I have to carve out time for the family daily.

Now for a few "fun" questions...


Skills: I can decorate cakes and sew a bit.
Challenges: Finding enough time in the day to do all I want. Making and taking time for me.
Chips or chocolate? That's a tough one, there's nothing like salt with chocolate:) It changes daily but today chips would win out. Thanks Carol, I don't have any in the house!
Secret weapon: Praise, you get more from your children if you over do the praise for any good behavior or accomplishment than scolding for bad behavior. Don't get me wrong, I dole out plenty of time out and loss of priveliges.
Enemies/pet peeves: Stupid, rude people who yell at my children.
Can't live without: my husband and children, my computer for my disboard addiction
Heroes: People who rise above adversity with a smile and make it look easy.
Little known fact: I answered all these questions in Pooh font. It's an illness I tell you;)



Sorry Connie! Blogger doesn't have Pooh font!!

Here's Connie and her beautiful girls!
Wishes and Dreams Travel Company's website isn't up and running yet, but when it is I will add it to list on the right. For now, Connie can be reached at wishesanddreams@mts.net


Thanks for looking!

~Carol

No comments: